Commissioning in phases
The Plan Barcelona has allowed an increase in the airport capacity to 55 million passengers per year, including a new T1 terminal building which has an additional 525,000 m² space for passengers and the most innovative systems and installations.
The commissioning of the airport expansion has involved three different phases in which the transfer of the operations of the Star Alliance, Oneworld and Skyteam alliances has been carried out.
Application of our ORAT methodology
Ineco performed the following functions in this project:
- Integrated management of the project to commission the new infrastructure, including the control and monitoring of the programming of all necessary activities.
- Definition, development and implementation of the extended airport’s business and operative model (infrastructure use model, allocation of resources and spaces, services outsourcing strategy, human resources requirements, definition of the commercial offer, etc.).
- Definition, development and implementation of the real time management centre, including the centre’s technical requirements.
- Development of operative procedures in the airport’s different areas: operations, airport services, maintenance, computing, security, the ABHS – Automated Baggage Handling System, environment, etc.
- Monitoring and control of the personnel training during the familiarisation process concerning airport activity.
- Preparation of the familiarization and training material on the new operative procedures.
- Familiarisation courses with the new airport setting and training on the new operative procedures.
- Monitoring of the operational and acceptance tests of the new installations and systems.
- Preparation of the contingency plans for possible incidents during the opening.
- Definition, development and execution of the operating tests (ORAT Operation Trials).
- Definition, development and coordination of the transfer processes to the new installations.
- Supporting the airport after the commissioning of the new installations. Monitoring of the service levels after the opening.