The increasing severity and frequency of certain meteorological events that are expected as a consequence of climate change will impose a series of new requirements on the different elements of transport networks in order for them to maintain their efficiency in the provision of their services.
The INFRA_ADAPT project provides a response to the problems and needs detected in the road infrastructure sector as part of the framework for adaptation to climate change through a concept of resilience, which translates into the development of "BIM Technologies for Predictive Management of highway infrastructure susceptible to the effects of climate change", bringing together the following developments:
- Solutions for BIM digitalization of infrastructure.
- Bulk collection of geometric data of the constructed infrastructure using "Mobile Mapping" techniques.
- Algorithms for the generation of BIM models.
- Algorithms to detect vulnerable zones.
- Early-warning solutions based on the monitoring of vulnerable areas.
- Action protocols and strategies for operation management, redesign and execution of corrective actions.
- Web-based management platform.
The consortium is made up of the companies AZVI, CEMOSA, FERROVIAL, and INSITU, with INECO as the consortium's leader. TECNALIA and the University of Vigo also participated as public research bodies.